Thursday, October 27, 2011

Field Trip!

Today, my Modern Iranian Media & Culture class went to Moby Dick's kabob house in Dupont.  It was our way of celebrating the completion of our midterm, and an excellent excuse to go eat some delicious Persian food in great company!

Not really sure why it's called "Moby Dick"... but it's good kabob.
I love that class, and all the students get along really well together, so it was fun to see them all outside of class (though still kinda in class, since it was when we usually met and all).  My professor is all about immersing us in Iranian culture both inside and out of the classroom, so Iranian students and those with absolutely no previous knowledge of the country all profit from the experience.  I'm hoping to get into her Iranian Cinema class next semester (it's under the Classical Studies--Special Topics section of GWeb, if you're interested in registering!).  I just have to make sure it fits in my schedule.  Fingers crossed!

I'm glad GW's opening the Middle Eastern Studies department to include more Persian language and cultural studies classes.  Goodness knows Iran is VERY relevant to all sorts of things these days--it's definitely a worthwhile topic to study!  And a very interesting one, at that.

Oh and I know I tagged this as an 'academic excursion' and it's not quite academic but more of an excursion--so, sorry?  There's no pre-made tag for field trips or playing hooky with your entire class (and professor)!

Email me!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment