Saturday, October 22, 2011

Apple Picking!

Today, my friends and I went apple picking with GW Trails!  Well, minus the picking.  Turns out all the in-season trees were picked dry, and the rest of the trees didn't have ripe fruit on them yet.

However, we still had a fun time!  We went to a farm about an hour away in Poolesville, MD, and the drive was just as scenic as the destination.  I love fall.  I know I've mentioned it before, but I really, really love changing leaves and crisp air and autum-ness.  So even though there was no picking of apples whatsoever, we still managed to have a great time playing in the hay, petting farm animals, eating caramel apples, apple pie, and hot cider, and using an old-fashioned contraption to core and peel fresh apples.  Still a fall wonderland!

This is my first trip with GW Trails, and I don't think it'll be my last.  Thing is, I'm a novice hiker, so I need to get a bit more experience anyway!  This trip doesn't add a notch to my belt in that sense, but at least I know how Trails trips work now.  This one only cost $15 (plus whatever you buy there), but you can pay on GWorld!  And I didn't take advantage of this, but if you're over 21 and have a license, you can drive people there and go on the trip for free!  They rent cars and get zipcars, that's what the trip cost mostly goes towards.

Here are some pictures from the excursion:

What a cute little baby!!!
Scarecrow--didn't just scare the crows.  Just look at him!
My buds Matt and Emily.
SkyGoat: they had this weird bridge contraption so goats could go
from one pen to another--made me nervous.
Adorable baby cow!
Yay for fall!

Shoot me an email at shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment