Friday, October 14, 2011

WonkyBlog

Today was WRGW's Truckapalooza!  Over 20 food trucks with the DC Food Truck Association came out to one of GW's most successful student org events yet.  Even in the rain (which happily cleared up!) didn't keep vendors or happy patrons away from the good eating!


As you may be able to tell from past blogs, I LOVE food trucks.  They come to campus often, but never in such large numbers--I was overwhelmed!  I will eventually try them all. Eventually.  Today, since we had such a good selection to choose from, I got to try two!  My buddy and I got food from two different trucks: DC Empanadas and Eat Wonky, and we split our meals.  I got Wonky Fries (Canadian Poutine, if you've ever had it) and she got a grilled cheese and an "Asher" empanada--basically calzone filling in an empanada shell.

Everything we tried was good, but the poutine was what really won us over.  That was a perfect 10; I'd go back to that one again and then some.  I had been wanting to try it for so long and I was not disappointed in the least.  So thanks, WRGW!!!  This one was a real hit--and a great way to kick off parents weekend!

Poutine: french fries covered in (vegetarian!) gravy and mozzarella-type cheese

Keep emailing, I love questions and feedback!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu
<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment