Monday, October 24, 2011

Fojol Bros. of Merlindia

Based on the title, you'd think I was blogging about a traveling circus or the like, right?  OR maybe that wouldn't be your first guess, but it's pretty whimsical nonetheless.  Well, Fojol Bros. describe themselves as "a traveling culinary carnival" and invite you to join in the festivities whenever they stop by your neighborhood!

Yes, this is another food truck blog.  I'm all about them--the posts and the trucks themselves!  And when I saw Fojol Bros. was rated #3 best Indian food in DC by expressnightout.com, I decided I had to check them out.  I mean, for a food truck to rate higher than numerous Indian restaurants throughout the city?  That's pretty good stuff.  Plus they're on campus often, and how can you bypass these outfits?

(photo courtesy of the world wide web!)
While all I really wanted was Butter Chicken, I got the duo of Butter Chicken and Cauliflower with Potatoes served over basmati rice.  I gotta say, I was very pleased with my meal--it got me through my 3:45 class AND I was still fairly full for my 7:10-9:40, which is always pretty tedious.  I have literally no complaints about any aspect of my meal, even the veggie option that I was less excited about than the chicken.  It was all scrumptious and healthy, and great for a chilly fall day!

I also learned through their website that their serving materials are biodegradable and compost-able, and a portion of their proceeds go to programs for at-risk youth in DC.  You really can't go wrong there!  A delicious, hearty, and healthy meal for cheap that benefits the environment and the community?  A+, Fojol Bros!

For more, stay tuned!  I'll definitely be visiting multiple food trucks to come, including their sister (brother?) truck, Fojol Bros. of Benethiopia!

As always, email me!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment