Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bill Maher for Colonials Weekend!


I just got back from Bill Maher's comedy show in the Charles E. Smith Center, and it was hilarious!  I wasn't sure how much I'd like it--or rather, I knew I'd like it, but I wasn't sure if I'd love being there with my parents.  My dad thinks he's hilarious, but sometimes my mom thinks he's too crass--and both of them don't love dirty jokes, something Bill's pretty well-known for.  Luckily though, he managed to make the show great for all of us while still staying true to his style of comedy.

Bill was on campus as part of Colonials Weekend.  That's "Parents' Weekend" to all you laypeople.  I'm sure he was advised to gear his act a bit towards parents and students, but he didn't seem to actually follow those parameters.  Stuff got kinda raunchy!  But it never crossed the line, in my opinion.  It sure got close, straddled the line, possibly, but eventually tip-toed back.  The end note was especially risque, but overall I really enjoyed the show.

The topics ranged from the Republican debates to religion to imperialism to the President to male enhancement drugs, and rather seamlessly so, I might add.  He also had a fun interaction with the audience and the sign language interpreters who had to translate even the grossest of words into their ASL equivalent.  That was too funny.

So all in all, awesome show, great choice for Colonials Weekend (he's pretty much the only reason my parents came...) and I'm POOPED.  Bed time.  No, seriously, I'm going to bed at 10:45 on a Saturday.  Nightnight!

I love reader emails!  Send me one!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment