Sunday, October 9, 2011

Festa Italiana!

Today was the Italian Fest--Festa Italiana in DC!  As a proud Italian-American, I just had to go! So my roomie and I went out to Judiciary Square a while ago to check things out.

There was gelato, cannoli, and pizza, of course, but they were also serving sausage and pepper sandwiches, pastas, and porchetta sandwiches--that's pig roasting on a spit, in case you're wondering.  Not my scene, exactly, but I had my fill of home-made pizza, gelato, and cannoli, for sure.

That's what I'm talking about.
There was also an opera singer and a man who walked on stilts, rode a mini bicycle, and somehow maneuvered on a unicycle, as well.  I'm not sure what the circus act had to do with Italian-ness, but I was all about it.  The festival also had vendors selling various things and a few different raffles, one to win a trip to Italy, even--keep your fingers crossed that I win!

And because of our bombastic Italian pride, there were fancy Italian cars on display--Ferraris, Maseratis, and Lamborghinis, of course.  All in all, good time.  Viva Italia, I say!

Shoot me an email, if you like!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment