Monday, November 28, 2011

I’m Back!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got to enjoy lots of delicious food while spending quality time with family. I had a great break, but now that classes have resumed, it felt much too short. Thankfully, Christmas break is not too far away, my brain needs a long break. I am sorry for the abnormally long blogging absence, life has been past beyond busy and time completely got away from me. Absolutely crazy. So much has happened since the last time I blogged and of course I will tell you all about it.

First of all, midterms finally officially just ended for me the day before I left for Thanksgiving break. I missed my last one, which was for Theories of Personality, one of my psych classes, in early November (which was scheduled very late for a midterm) because I was out of town for volleyball A10 conference matches. For me, the entire semester kind of felt like one big midterm period since 2 of my classes did not have actual “midterms” but instead had an exam every 3-5 weeks. So it felt like the tests were never ending. But, on a positive note, then each exam had less information on it than an actual midterm would and were not cumulative. Midterms are finally done for me and believe it or not, I actually begin my final exams starting in 8 days (next Tuesday) since 4 out of my 5 classes are having the final exam on the last day of class. I will post more about my finals and the scoop on how my academic semester played out.

The volleyball season has also come to a conclusion. My team finished the season with a 20-10 overall record and placed 4th in the A10 conference standings. Overall, an honorable record. Of course there were matches were we were the better team and that we should have won but didn’t, but sometimes that’s just sports. This year we traveled to a great deal of different cities for conference play (in addition to all the places we traveled to during preseason). We traveled to St. Louis (SLU), Pittsburgh (Duquesne), Dayton, Cincinnatti (Xavier), the Bronx (Fordham), Providence (Rhode Island), Philadelphia (La Salle and Temple). We earned a place in the A10 Conference Championship Tournament, which only the top 6 teams are invited to, but unfortunately lost, which ended our 2011 season a little over a week ago. And of course, I have pictures and plenty of them to share with you! Sorry, in advance for the plethora of pictures!
2011 team picture (courtesy of gwsport.com)
My teammates and I wanted to see if I could fit into our large travel bags....
In a locker room before a match
Pre-match team bonding in locker room
Eating fabulous ribs on an away trip

Look at that block!
My roommate/ teammate's awesome hops
<>
Mac's senior night
We made a scrapbook for Mac (in honor of senior night)-this was my page.
Well, I must go finish a paper I have due tomorrow. Here is just a short list of other posts that you have to look forward to from me in the next few weeks:

-What I did over my Thanksgiving break
-My final exam period post and review of this semester’s classes
-Funny video from Colonial Invasion
-Drive-in movie adventure
-Special post about my beloved, 11-0 undefeated Green Bay Packers (if you read any of my posts from last year, you HAD to know this one was coming eventually)
-Plus more (I don’t want to give away all of my secrets yet).

As always, feel free to email me with any questions, cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment