Thursday, November 17, 2011

Food Truck Overload?

So I already ate lunch at a truck once this week.  Today, I went to TWO others.  TWO.  I guess my motive was to make up for not being able to next week (and seriously dieting from now 'til Thanksgiving so I don't bloat like a balloon...).

I got lunch at Cajunators, the beautifully-painted Cajun-Creole food truck.  Then for dessert (a few hours later, mind you), I got a cupcake from Sweetbites!  I gotta say, I was *very* pleased with both!

At Cajunators, I got some spicy but satisfying Chicken Gumbo to chase away the cold day between classes, and it was rather heavenly.  The chicken and andouille sausage flavors melded into the mix in an altogether satisfying fashion.  It was pretty cold today, so I really needed something hot and HOT to warm me up.  That did the trick.

A few hours later, my tummy wanted something sweet (or rather, my taste buds did...).  I was going to chase it away with a cup of slightly-sweetened coffee back at home, but on my way back, I passed the sweetbites truck.  I couldn't turn it down, especially since 1) I've never been to *any* dessert trucks, and 2) They were featuring a new Salted Caramel cupcake.  You cannot say no to caramel and chocolate.  Or at least I can't!

The icing was fabulous.  I'm something of an icing connoisseur, and this stuff was on par.  Don't let the "salted" in the title scare you, you barely taste it.  It's just enough to give the sweet caramel a kick and compliment the sweet, sweet chocolate cake.  Overall, a double-win on the culinary end.

Cajunators, if you couldn't tell!
and the Sweetbites truck!

Email with questions about GW, college in general, or how I haven't gained the Freshman Fifteen--(though I still have another year to take care of college weight gain, here's hoping I bypass that!)--shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment