Friday, November 11, 2011

Registration for classes from abroad!

Thanks to FOFAC, the Focus on Fall Abroad Community (more info here!) that I am involved in for next semester, I have gotten lots of perks from being abroad this fall semester!

  • First, I was able to choose my roommates and have a confirmed room on campus next semester in Amsterdam Hall. We already know where we will be living and don't have to stress out wondering if GW Housing wil find us a place or not.
  • Next semester, there will be lots of cultural activities in the dorm emphasizing the sharing of our abroad experiences- everyone will get a taste of each others' time abroad!
  • Most importantly: I was able to register super early (Nov 4th when my regular registration would have been today) and get the classes I wanted to with the schedule I wanted to!
Thankfully, my internet was up and running when I needed to register. I logged on and inputted all the classes and wanted and instantly I had a schedule that I am looking forward to! Here are my classes for next semester:

ECON 2180 Survey of International Economics
Basic concepts of international trade and international finance, with emphasis on policy issues.

PUBH 1101 Introduction to Public Health and Health Services
Introduction to aspects of public health and health services, including health services administration and policy, maternal and child health, environmental health, and health promotion.

GEOG 2133 People, Land, and Food
Domestication and dispersal of plants and animals; development of agricultural systems; spatial disparities in world food production, demand, and distribution.

PSC 2337 Development Politics
An examination of how and why political systems develop the way they do. Why do some countries develop into democracies, while others become authoritarian? How do class conflict, the nature of the elite, and the political culture affect the development of political institutions?

WSTU 2120 Introduction to Women's Studies
A multidisciplinary examination of historical conditions, cultural norms, and social institutions that define women's status in Western culture. Experiences of girls and women in various racial–ethnic, class, and age groups. Alternative visions for women's (and, by implication, men's) roles and status. Sophomore standing required.

I am really excited for my schedule, and to top it off, I have big chunks of time on Mon/Wed/Fri where hopefully I can find somewhere to intern or volunteer to take up those chunks. I am really looking forward to being back on campus now that I am excited for these classes and my living situation!

Questions? marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment