Monday, November 28, 2011

Back from the driest desert on earth

Finally, my long awaited trip to San Pedro de Atacama is over. After too many hours on an uncomfortable overnight bus and too much sand stuck to all of us, my friends and I are back in Arica at our apartment. I won't hold out too long on the photos, because they're amazing!! I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to travel there.
Salt cave (yes, I did lick the wall- it was a once in a lifetime opportunity)
Valle de la Muerte (Valley of Death, animals used to wander off from their herders and get lost within the mountains in this valley)
Salar de Atacama (salt flat)
Reserva Nacional Los Flamencos (National Reserve of Flamingoes)
Geysers Tatio (We woke up at 4 AM to drive 2 hours into the mountains to see these amazing geysers in the early morning)
Termas (natural hot springs near the geysers)
Llamas
Jewelry store in downtown San Pedro
marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment