Thursday, February 2, 2012

Food Trucks: DC Shawarma (minus the shawarma...)


Today, I stopped by the DC Shawarma truck for some grub!  Not shawarma, mind you, but poutine!  They churn out some of the best poutine I’ve ever had alongside lamb, beef, and chicken shawarma and falafel sandwiches, plus some other sides I didn’t pay too much attention to because I had poutine on the brain!


Now, I’m gonna admit: I don’t think the gravy used in the poutine was vegetarian.  I know Eat Wonky’s poutine is, but theirs tasted like meat gravy (I think, I’ve actually never been the biggest gravy person so I'm no expert!).  I’m gonna live in blissful ignorance on that one—my policy on things like that is don’t ask, don’t tell.  Same with broths.  As you can see, my resolve in that sector is slight, but overall I’m still a veghead!  Or at least, on my way there!

Back to the poutine.  It was tasty, hot, and curdelicious.  There’s something about partially-melted squeaky cheese that’s very comforting, aside from the noise it makes when you eat it.

All in all, good dinner.  Now off to class!  (Yeah, I gotta night class.  UGH.)

For questions about anything GW/DC/college related, email! shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment