Thursday, February 23, 2012

George's Birthday Bash!

Hi everyone!

Finally- the event I've always wanted to go: George Washington's birthday celebration in U Yard! I wish I had better pictures but I had my friend take a few pictures on her phone. This celebration happens every year- they make a huge bonfire in the middle of U Yard and roast marshmallows, have hot apple cider, and just hang out. I was on my way to a professional speaking event and it was a nice surprise to leave U Yard with a big cup of apple cider.
Bonfire
Band performing
Overall, it was a really nice get together for lots of students, administrators, and faculty on campus. I was surprised at how many people came out to celebrate! Thankfully, it was also a pretty warm night. We've been lucky with the weather lately- it's a great time to come visit campus (hint hint!).

Questions? As always, email me! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment