Monday, February 6, 2012

Food Trucks: Amorini Panini

For lunch, I stopped by the Amorini Panini truck parked right outside GW's Marvin Center, our main student hub.  I've gotta say, I was rather unimpressed, though overall my sandwich was good.

Maybe I was expecting it to be over-the-top excellent?  I dunno, but I thought it was just ok.  I got the Caprese, your standard Italian-style pesto, mozzarella, and tomato sandwich on sourdough.  It was the only vegetarian option, so maybe if I had gotten something meaty I would have been more pleased... maybe that's what I wanted all along!  It was definitely good, just a bit too tomato-y, I guess.  There were plenty of others ordering alongside me who seemed happy with their choices, so it's very possible that this just isn't their best sandwich.  Or I just expect too much on the cheese side of things?

Either way, if I ate meat I'd definitely try some of their other sandwiches; they sound inventive and quite tasty.  If you can't find the truck, try out their brick-and-mortar location at 9th and F streets NW, in the Penn Quarter area.  I've heard good things!  Actually, the restaurant is supposed to be very good, so maybe I just got the fluke sandwich.  I really hope that's the case!

Anyway, check out their site, stop by, and prove me wrong!  Definitely write back with positive reviews, and I'll share them: shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu -- also email if you have any questions about GW/college admissions/DC!

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment