Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Portland Chillin'

I'm loving being home, but it does get lonely at certain times. I am so happy to have a few friends here and to be doing really great things, yet at the same time it feels so different than high school. In a way, this is my first summer home from college only because I studied abroad last summer and was only in Portland for two 3 week intervals. It felt like holiday break twice, instead of a long drawn out spell of hanging out, working, relaxing, and doing fun things. I do think I made the right decision in deciding to move home because that way I can work an unpaid internship without worrying about room and board (it is so expensive to live on GW campus during the summer or to find an apartment to rent for just a few months!). But at times, I wonder if there would be a cool internship waiting for me in DC. Maybe next summer. Who knows!

Anyway, I thought I'd update you all on some things I have planned for July. My birthday is coming up this weekend and it's making me feel like this summer is passing by so quickly!!!

The Oregon Country Fair was last weekend and I went on Saturday. Can you say crazy awesome hippie town? It was amazingly fun and a new experience for me.


I'm also planning on going to a Fleet Foxes concert, berry picking, and more. If you're a new student or a perspective student with any questions, as you can tell, I have a lot of time on my hands! Get at me with your questions :) marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu.
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment