Saturday, July 30, 2011

Another touristy day!

As I said in my last post, having friends in town for the weekend allowed me to do a bunch of fun stuff usually reserved for tourists.  So today, we walked from the White House to the Capitol and stopped at some sights along the way.


It was a long and slightly tedious walk, but it was such a great way to see the city!  They saw just about every Smithsonian and a bunch of other important buildings along Constitution and Pennsylvania avenues.  After our walk, we got a delicious, well-deserved meal at Spike Mendelsohn's Good Stuff Eatery.  He's the guy from Top Chef, if you're a fan of the show.  More importantly, Good Stuff is a seriously good burger joint.  It's also the sister restaurant and neighbor to We The Pizza, which I wrote about in my Good Pizza in DC post.

Tonight, we're going to see a concert at the 9:30 club, so I'll tell you how that goes!  Catch ya later.

Email me at ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen


No comments:

Post a Comment