Sunday, July 31, 2011

Towering Sundaes

Just now my roommate and I went to the new Serendipity 3 in Georgetown.  Ice cream for dinner is a definite yes--in moderation and only on certain special occaisions.  It's college, right?  No grown-ups!  No rules!

I'm kidding, for the most part.  But not, at the same time.  Sometimes you just gotta have dessert for dinner.  This was a super-mega sundae, too, so you almost have to have this for a meal rather than dessert after a meal--I barely ate today in preparation.  We both got the Fried Oreo Sundae, and it was absolutely fantastic.  Oh. My. Word.

It was 3 scoops of really dense cookies and cream ice cream (with oreo AND chocolate chip cookie swirled in), 5 fried oreos, whipped cream, fudge, and of course, a cherry on top.  Here's an approximation of what it looked like, courtesy of google:


I hate when people take pictures of what they're eating at a restaurant, but I will gladly benefit from their photos in lieu of taking my own obnoxious food-pics.

But really though, doesn't that look outstanding?  I'm so glad we've got a place like this now, I see many a birthday party to be had at Serendipity, it's one of those kinda places.  It only recently opened so not too many GW kids have been yet, but I know that once everyone's back on campus it's going to be rather busy with sweet-toothed colonials looking for a taste of the newest Georgetown hotspot.

Yay for experiencing new things!  And for having our just dessert!

Email me at shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment