Monday, July 18, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Hi everyone!

The famous carrot cake that I must have every year...
I just celebrated my 20th birthday this weekend at home. It was a really fun weekend full of housesitting (not eventful but profitable), sushi, tapas, carrot cake, family, friends, and phone calls from friends far away! I was so happy to hear from many of my GW friends who are working in DC this summer. Several of my professional sorority sisters left me a sweet voicemail with all of them singing happy birthday. My best friend from home also got me these enormous blown up silver balloons that took up my whole car when I had to drive them home from her house. It was really fun. 

In other news, nothing is going on : ) I am just enjoying the relaxing summer that is somehow continually rainy here!! Work is going well even though at times I feel like I am doing a lot of database work. The good thing is is that I am doing work that my supervisors would be doing if I weren't around, so I feel good about that and it feels like I am really helpful to have around. 

Hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear from you if you have any questions! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment