Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ready, Set, GO!!!



Wow.  The past three weeks have flown by so fast.  School is going well and this week is exciting because clubs like College Democrats and the International Affairs Society are just beginning to start up.  For the launch of the College Democrats, they hosted the soon to be Senior Senator from Alaska, Mark Begich.  The International Affairs society invited an Ambassador over and they are having social events like a trip to Ben’s Chile Bowl.  Ben’s is a local favorite on U Street and has been visited by the first family and the Sarkozy’s.
I believe that I am in a unique position to relate to all the seniors out there who feel like there is simply too much to do in the college admissions process (law school for me).  I am taking the LSATs for a second time on October 9th and I finding time to really sit down and study is always a struggle, but I know that making it a priority is essential.  Likewise, keeping up with schools and extracurricular activities is also important.  This is a stressful time, but as the essays begin to get written and recommendations begin to come in it will become much more interesting.  Luckily, law schools get back to you within three weeks of when you submit so the waiting period is not too long.  This is a good time to mention that GW has multiple early admissions periods and if you know with certainty that GW is where you want to end up I strongly suggest going that route. 

As always, if you have any questions feel free to email me at pwaters@gwmail.gwu.edu!

OR, just leave a comment, and I’ll make sure to get back.      

No comments:

Post a Comment