Thursday, September 9, 2010

First of the Lasts

As you all begin your Senior year of high school, I am beginning my Senior year of college.  Scary. I know.

So I am writing this post to re-introduce myself to the new readers to the blog as well as give some general advise for our transposed lives we are in. (I am in your place exactly four years later, get it?)

As you have probably realized I am Kim, a Senior, studying Political Science with a focus in Public Policy and a minor in Journalism/Mass Communications. (I don't know if you can study anything with a longer explanation than that.) I am involved in the Student Association, Voices for Choices, Student Global AIDS Campaign, as well as House Staff.

This year is going to be one of the best years of your life.  You rule the school, know all of the teachers, and are looking forward to college.  Cherish these moments with friends.  You will soon be having your last homecoming, your last football game, and you already have had your last first day of high school.

Before Senioritis kicks in, it is important to do your research about schools to apply for (which I feel like I don't have to tell you if you are reading this blog).  But be sure to ask questions, visit, and take advantage of any contact with a school you can have.

Now I know that sounds intimidating, but it is actually a lot of fun to look at all of the crazy options for schools.  Who knows, maybe you never thought you would travel more than 3 hours from home and you will end up across the country.

I hope you return to read the blogs!  I will be sure to post interesting happenings on campus and document my senior year.

If you have any questions please email me at kwollner@gwu.edu!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment