Thursday, September 16, 2010

My First Semester Senior Year

So the novelty of the semester has already worn down, but I am getting through the days just one at a time. I thought you would all like to hear about all of my classes, I have a super wide variety this semester!

SMPA 145W- Editorial and Persuasive Writing
This is a class I am taking for my minor.  We read editorials from the Washington Post, Washington Times, and New York Times before every class.  Then we talk about the pieces and read our own work.  This is a great way to learn about how other people write and how we can improve our own writing from our peers!

HLWL 109- Human Sexuality
This is a super interesting class.  As I have explained before I am a part of Student Global AIDS Campaign and Voices for Choices, so this type of class falls right in line with my interests of learning about the human physiology and anatomy.  We are reading this really well written book called Bonk! by Mary Roach.  This woman is amazing and has done so much research!

PSC 146- US Foreign Policy
This class helps me fulfill a requirement for my major/focus.  We started off with George Washington's Farewell Address and we are now looking at the idealist and realist views of US foreign policy.  It is interesting to see how one line of a speech can be construed into so much.  My professor also makes a point to have discussion in the class, despite being a larger class and that is definitely super helpful!

PSC 112- State and Urban Policy Problems
This is the first Political Science class that I have taken that is not focused on the federal government.  My professor is this amazing guy who has worked in health care policy since the 1970's when it wasn't as popular as it is right now. We are learning about the relationships with local, state, and national governments.  It is super interesting.

FA 015- Wheel Thrown Ceramic
This is actually my most difficult class.  Our assignment right now is to make 10 good cylinders.  And trust me it sounds a lot easier that it is.  Today I was actually able to make 6 cylinders (granted I think I can only use 2 or 3 of them, but hey, I am making progress.)

I am looking forward to learning a lot this semester! And I am pretty sure all of my professors are ready to teach it!  Hopefully I will be able to take pictures of my pieces in ceramics soon to share!

If you have any questions please email me at kwollner@gwu.edu!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment