Monday, September 27, 2010

About Me (Take Two)

I decided to take a page from the book of Kim (fellow blogger, check her out!) and re-introduce myself to those who weren't necessarily checking out the GW Admissions blog last year.  Ya know, cause there's potentially a new audience and all!  So here goes, and I love to talk about myself so this could be QUITE a read for y'all:

... Hey guys!  I'm Shireen, and I'm a Sophomore in the Elliott School.  My major is Middle Eastern Studies, and I'm double-minoring in Religion and Criminal Justice.  Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do with that, either.  Probably save the world like the rest of you!  HAH!  Sorry, that makes me seem like a pessimist.  I guess I am, in a sense, but at the same time I definitely think that I could find a solid job with the government or even in the non-profit world.  We shall see!  I'll keep ya posted.  And YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  Respek.

Along with Kim, I'm on the e-board (e for executive) for Voices for Choices, the pro-choice & sexual health awareness group on campus.  I think it's an issue area that is particularly important in DC, and on college campuses in general, plus I'm a staunch liberal, so I was destined to be impassioned about all that jazz.

Now as I said, I am a liberal, and I believe that politics is important.  One of my favorite quotes is, "We regard a man who takes no interest in public affairs not as harmless, but as useless" (Pericles).  However, I don't buy into that partisan junk that virtually dominates modern political discourse.  I'm a registered Democrat for sure, but I respect, admire, and *sometimes* even support Republicans--as long as your argument is valid and has factual basis, I can't discredit you.  I'll certainly disagree, but I'm all about agreeing to disagree.

I don't really feel like writing more, considering I've kinda done this before, so here's the link to my past blog about myself: I did the digging so you don't have to!!!

Questions about anything?  GW-related or otherwise?  Coming down to DC for the rallies (which I intend on blogging about in the near future...) and need a place to stay?  Email me!!!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

Note:  It's probably not a good idea for me to extend offers of lodging to strangers.  I therefore have to rescind that statement.  Sorry, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment