Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oooooooooooooooooohm

So remember I was taking Yoga?  Maybe you do, maybe you're a first time reader, maybe you really don't care!  But I'm taking a Yoga class (under exercise & sports activities on Gweb), and I love it.  I have to go to the Vern every Monday around 3:30, but it's fine because I travel with my bud who's also in the class, and I like the downtime of just riding through g-town and VA and seeing the river and greenery.

I took yoga last year through school and liked it enough, but for the most part, I was ambivalent.  I was happy I did it, but not during class time, only afterwards, you know?  This one's different, thankfully.  Last year I did Kundalini yoga and this course I THINK is Hatha.  I'm liking it much better.  Ask me what the difference is and I really couldn't tell you, all I know is I'm happier in this course.  And Kundalini stresses breathing?  Eh... yeah.

Professor Thompson is very relaxed and realistic about expectations for the course, and he stresses how no one should push themselves into a stretch or pose if they just can't do it--so you don't feel pressured to be a contortionist!  Very helpful.

I have only had 2 classes so far since last week was Labor day, but I already know I'd recommend this course to anyone!  Take Yoga with Douglas Thompson!  It's a great work out and stress reliever and an optimal way to get flexible!
The one catch:  I AM SO SORE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  Aghhhhhh so bad.  I will say it's kind of a good pain.  Kinda.  But from the hips down and the shoulders out my body is CRYING.

So take the class!  If you dare...  Hehehe.  No but really though.  Totally worth it.  Promise.

Email me?  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment