Tuesday, January 31, 2012

SUNdeVICH


Last night, my culinary exploration of DC continued when my cousin and I cashed in our LivingSocial coupons for SUNdeVICH sandwich shop in Shaw (right off the Mt. Vernon Square metro stop, a bit northeast of Chinatown).

Sundevich was voted the best sandwich shop in DC by The Washington Post in an absolute LANDSLIDE.  So it was already on my radar.  Then, the coupon deal showed up in my inbox, and I just had to snag it!  So it was $10 for $20 worth of food, and obviously that meant I was getting 2 sandwiches.  One for dinner, one for lunch today; and I was NOT disappointed in either. 

For dinner last night, I had the Isfahan, which they describe as: “a soufflĂ© of spinach, mushroom, walnuts, and barberry with feta.”  Sound intriguing and awesome?  Well, it was.  It was really interesting and just delicious, difficult to do justice to in a silly blog post.  I should be writing a poem.

Next I got the Capri, which was still fantastic leftover for lunch today!  This one was your basic mozzarella, pesto, tomato, and balsamic vinegar concoction you may find at many an Italian restaurant.  It was really good, though--nothing standard about these sandwiches.

I was particularly proud to represent my Italian and Iranian roots in my sandwich choices (the restaurant is owned by an Iranian-American, so that’s cool), and I didn’t waver from my newfound vegetarianism.  Double win!  Triple win if you factor in that it was half-price!

So yeah, SUNdeVICH is a definite return destination, especially since my buds and I plan on living in that neighborhood next year (but more on that later!)

Email with questions on anything!  Shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment