Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Celebrating 2012 in DC!!!

Good luck in a bowl for one :)
So, I'm probably on of the earliest students to get back on campus. Although classes do not resume until January 17th, I returned on December 30th for a multitude of reasons. Originally, I was going to go see the ball drop with a friend in NYC, but that feel through right before coming back. But you know what...no big deal!!!! There is always next year and anyways, there were plenty of things to in DC. On New Years Eve I went out to Alexandria to catch some of their First Night festivities, but came back before midnight to watch Lady Gaga and the ball drop. You will see on the side that I went to the Foggy Bottom Whole Foods and picked up their last 2 ounces of black eyed peas to cook for myself.

Despite campus being a bit dead because most students are back home, I got to go to three basketball games and witnessed the Colonials get back on track with a decisive defeat of Delaware State University and the Lady Colonials go toe to toe with the #11 Rutgers University Scarlet Knights and then defeat cross town rival American University. I was a very happy Colonial and look forward to further success as both teams head into their Atlantic 10 conference stretches.

On a final note, the reason I came back early is to help in the Admissions Office and process the applications hopefully many of you will be sending to us in the next two weeks before the January 10th deadline for both Early Decision II (ED II) and Regular Decision. Please oh please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns because we are here to help you and get everything clarified before the deadline so you can be reviewed for the stellar student you are.
Make a great decision to start of 2012
and apply to GW using Common App or
the GW Application

I hope you have a had a phenomenal Winter holiday season and wish you a happy, safe and prosperous 2012 and for many of you, I hope you make the right decision by sending us your application and then choosing to attend GW. As always, email me with any questions about anything under the sun and I will get back to you soon :)

Peace, Love and Hippos,

Brandon Moore
brmoore@gwmail.gwu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment