Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Adjusting back to the everyday grind

Hi everyone!

After being at home working for the summer and then studying abroad for a semester, I realized that it's been far too long since I took a GW class or really studied.....

Before you start thinking study abroad is a piece of cake, let me explain. My program really focused on out-of-classroom learning, or experimental learning as they like to say. My program focused on public health, so we heard speakers from different branches of organizations (governmental and non-governmental), we visited HIV/AIDS clinics and mental health clinics, and wrote a 30 page independent research project... all in Spanish.

So, returning to DC and starting up again with 5 classes was a shock. After involving myself 100% in topics I am super interested and passionate about, I am now back to some of the requirements in the Elliott School that I have put off for awhile. While I am surprisingly enjoying some of the classes that I thought would be tedious, it is still hard to sift through several 20 page readings for one night of one class.

I'll detail my schedule for you all soon, but classes, an internship, student orgs, and volunteering catches up with me! Once I fall back into my routine, I'll have more time for blogging... and hopefully do some fun things around DC to tell you all about :)

I'm headed to New Jersey this weekend to a bat mitzvah.. this will be my first time in Jersey. I think I may have to watch a little "Jersey Shore" to prepare myself? Too bad I won't be on the beach :)

As always, email me with questions! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment