Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Internship Begins!

Hi everyone!

As I get settled into life at home, lounging around is starting to cease as my summer internship starts. Though it's only 2 days a week, it ends up being very time consuming and getting up early is something I am not yet used to :) I am working as an Action Center Intern for Mercy Corps, which is a global aid non-governmental organization that works in countries that have experienced natural disaster or conflict.


The Action Center is a way for Mercy Corps to expand on their love for global engagement. Mercy Corps is trying to make it a hub for activism in Portland, Oregon, on issues that Oregonians and citizens worldwide face. There are museum-quality multimedia exhibits and this summer, the Action Center is running some summer programs that I will be helping with. I am really looking forward to it!

Because this internship is only 2 days a week, I am going to be taking advantage of a few other opportunities at home. I'll keep you all updated!

marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment