Wednesday, May 9, 2012

#OnlyAtGW

Hey Ya'll

(This story took place 3 years ago when I was freshman)

Just like everyone else the Obama's piled the kids into the minivan for a Thursday night out. This particular time they chose to come out to a GW basketball game. It looked like a typical evening with the kids as Barack was corned into going to the concession stand to pick up popcorn and a hot dog for his daughters. 

For my roommate and I it was our first ever #onlyatgw moment. These are special experiences that only happen to GW students due to our unique location in the heart of Washington, DC. 

Even with all the Secret Service I was able to snag a handshake from President Obama as is evident from the photo I took which can be seen below.


I also was able to shake hands with the First Lady Michelle Obama! 


Over the next few weeks I'll be sharing a few more of my #onlyatgw moments so stay tuned to the blog! 

Feel free to follow me on Twitter to see when I use the hashtag!

All the best,

Oscar

No comments:

Post a Comment