Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Thanksgiving Break

As previously promised, here is my Thanksgiving break in a nutshell. Nothing too interesting, but I figured I would share it with you anyway. Classes ended on Tuesday, which for me consisted of turning in a paper for Social Research Methods and taking the last of my midterm exams (Theories of Personality). I flew home to Wisconsin on late Wednesday afternoon after a layover in Detroit. It was defiantly nice to be home for the first time since August 9.

Thursday: I watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with my sister Vickie followed by the Green Bay Packer game versus the Detroit Lions. Obviously, the Packers won, which my family was very happy about (and after this afternoon’s football game the Packers are still undefeated! 12-0!). My grandma and uncle came over to celebrate Thanksgiving with us and my parents made a wonderful and tasty dinner, complete with turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberries, biscuits, and much more. That night I was very full and happy. Maybe even a bit too full. And in case you were wondering, our dinner was of course postponed until after the Packer game ended, so that we wouldn’t miss a minute of the action.

Friday: Thursday night Vickie and I did not go bed, since the Black Friday sales began at midnight. We stayed awake, watching the Friends (the tv show) Thanksgiving marathon on Nick at Nite and then headed out to the stores. We shopped, along with all of the other crazy people, from about 12-4:30am. At about 4am, we hit our breaking point and headed home to sleep. After my adventurous morning shopping, I did nothing notable the rest of the day.

Saturday: This was a very laid-back day, as all I did was go to Cheesecake Factory with one of my friends from high school and get a haircut, both of which were long overdue.

Sunday: Flew back to D.C, with a layover in Memphis, which ended up being completely worth it since I had some fabulous barbeque in the airport. After another long day of travel, I was back in my dorm room, caught up with my roommates and shared Thanksgiving stories, unpacked, did a little bit of homework, and went to sleep.

Like I said, nothing exciting, but it was wonderful to have a few days to relax and to not do any school work (even though I really should have gotten a head start on my papers due the few days after break, but whatever). Now it’s time to finish of the semester with my finals starting on Tuesday!

Feel free to email me with any questions: cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment