Tuesday, December 6, 2011

End of study abroad program

My program here in Arica, Chile, just ended yesterday and I am surprisingly sad to be leaving the place I've been living in since August. I felt that I really connected with the program director, my host mom, and the city in ways I didn't imagine I would.

We spent the last few nights in a hotel, listening to final presentations of the Independent Study Projects. It was really eye opening to see everyone's work from the past month of November when we were able to be on our own and working on our own interests. The hotel was also amazing- there was a salt water "infinity" pool as well as a chlorinated pool, all next to the ocean. Here's a picture from their website- I literally felt like I was on spring break!! Haha.
I am leaving for my dream vacation today- my friends Emily and Elizabeth and I are flying down to Patagonia!! I'll update you all from there!!
marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment