Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Brief Highlights from Colonials Invasion

I don’t think any of us ever did a post about Colonials Invasion (GW’s own ‘midnight madness’ which signals the beginning of basketball season) that took place during Colonials (Parent’s) Weekend in October, so I figured I would give you a brief rundown since there are 2 videos I wanted to share with you. It took place after our volleyball match versus Fordham which we won easily in 3 games in front of the biggest crowd ever for a volleyball match held in the Smith Center (1,317 people).

My family was in town so we stuck around after my match to watch Colonial Invasion and to show our support of another GW athletic team! At Colonial Invasion, they introduce the men’s and women’s basketball teams and there’s a bunch of entertainment—the First Ladies dance group, Capital Funk (hip hop dance group), Colonial Army, and a slam dunk and three point contest involving the teams and audience members. For me, this was one of my favorite parts: the inflatable DC mascots (Hippo, Big George, Air Screech, G-Wiz, and Air Slapshot) performed a dance routine which was quite entertaining.
Also, here is a video summary of the night that I found:

Feel free to email me with any quaestions: cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment