Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Week In DC!

Hello, all!  I am now reporting from INSIDE THE BELTWAY!

That's right, I'm back in DC!  But only for a week.  I've got a lot of family down here, and this Saturday is my cousin's wedding!  So I decided to come down a week before just to help prepare and to hang out with the family as all the drama is coming to its culmination--sound crazy?  Yeah, it is.  Tensions are a bit high, as this is the first wedding of all my cousins on this side of the family, so everyone's kinda learning the ropes.  It's a bit hectic, but my family is sooooooo much fun to be around, so it's fun to see them amidst the chaos--their true colors come out.  And let me tell you, they are VERY colorful people.

Also, I'm manning the Voices for Choices table at CI.  Voices for Choices is the Planned Parenthood-affiliated pro choice advocacy group on campus, and I'm an executive board member (along with fellow blogger, Kim!).  During the student org fair at CI, I'll have a table set up with our usual fare, including a "keg o condoms" and pamphlets upon pamphlets of free literature.  And stickers!  I'll only be one of a bunch of tables set up to recruit new members and get email addresses for our periodic mailings.  So if you'll be there, stop by!  I'd love to chat!

I love getting email, too--so make my day!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment