Friday, June 11, 2010

LSAT

I’m back! I took the entire month of May off to study for the LSAT. I plan on applying to go to Law School in the fall, but I think I will need to take the test again. It’s a major bummer, but I took the SATs three times and I my scores definitely improved from the initial attempt. I can tell you that the LSAT makes the SAT’s seem simple (except for the fill in the blank math section of the SAT).

For the rest of the summer I am interning at the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission in my home town of Harrisburg, PA (a very different capital city from DC). At the commission, I am researching cases of discrimination in education throughout the Commonwealth. It’s interesting work and it is funded through the GW Shapiro Public Service Award.
In looking for colleges there are dozens of relevant factors, but I can say that one often overlooked area, even among current students, is undergraduate research and fellowships. GW has numerous amazing programs that provide funding to study everything from nuclear physics to ancient Jewish history. Their website is a bit complex but it’s worth a look anyways: http://www.gwu.edu/~fellcent/.
Coming soon:
A Blog on Summer Activities & a First Hand Look at CI from Meredith, my Little Sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment