Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Campaign

Hey Everyone!

It has been a while since I posted so I figured I would update you on my happenings.

Like I said before,  I am working as a DCCC Campaign Fellow in Northern Virginia.  My race was switched to go from the 11th District to the 10th, but I am still having a blast!  I am learning new campaign computer systems like NationalField and the VAN, getting to know some really great people, and working to get a great guy elected to Congress, Jeff Barnett.  I work long days and a 7 day week, but it will definitely be worth it in the end to see a Democrat win over the 29 year incumbent!

I am living in Herndon, VA in supporter housing which is awesome because I get to get away from the city for a while and have my own room and bathroom!  I don't even get that when I am at my own house!

For all of you going to CI this summer, PREPARE FOR THE HEAT!  I have been out canvassing the past two days and sweat through my clothes within about 20 minutes of stepping outside.

What is everyone else up to this summer? Any cool trips or adventures?

Don't forget to email me at kwollner@gwu.edu!  I love to hear from blog readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment