Sunday, June 6, 2010

The many intricacies of being home.

I realize that I never let y'all in on my summer plans.  I will now take a lesson from Kim and backtrack a bit.  Here goes:

After working at commencement, I really didn't do anything with my May.  We repainted my bedroom at home, I visited my old high school, I caught up with friends, romped around NYC a bit (as evidenced by my last post), and pretty much just hung around.

Now, I'm beginning a campaign internship with my local congressional representative, Congresswoman Nita Lowey (NY-18).  She's the one I interned for on the Hill this past spring.  I'm really excited to gain some campaign experience and to continue working for Mrs. Lowey, as I loved working in her DC office.

Additionally, I'm hoping to hone my language skills this summer, as I'm starting up again with both French and Farsi.  I haven't taken French since high school, and I couldn't take Farsi this past semester because the timing conflicted with my internship.  So I basically need to learn level 2 in that, along with re-learning a whole lotta French!  But I'm optimistic.  It shouldn't be too bad, right?

Email me!  Wish me luck!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment