Monday, July 16, 2012

4th in DC

So yeah, I know it is like two weeks late, but here are the accounts of my 4th of July experience in DC.

Amy and I on Constitution Avenue
watching the 4th of July parade
I was very excited to spend my 4th of July in DC because although the fireworks are pretty cool over the Austin skyline, nothing can match the firework show I saw over Washington. The day started with Amy, her boyfriend Kyle and I watching the 4th  parade. Amy and I were thrilled with the high school bands (since we were both in marching band in high school) and found high schools representing our home states (Wisconsin and Texas). Although it was a little warm, we found our spot in the shade along Constitution Avenue and watched the parade in relative comfort.

After a lunch and rehydrating back on campus, we split into different spots to see the fireworks. I chose to face the crowds at the National Mall to get a glimpse of the performances and, more importantly, witness the fireworks over the monuments. The experience was breathtaking and totally worth facing the crowds for. Although I have no pictures of the fireworks because my phone died, I could not have asked for a better "Boy do I love GW" moment.

This summer has been amazing and I am sorry I haven't blogged as much as I'd like to. As always, feel free to reach out to me as I am here working for the Admissions office all summer. I hope to see even more happy perspective students in August and please feel free to reach out to me with any question/concern/praise :)

Peace Love and Hippos,

Brandon
brmoore@gwmail.gwu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment