Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Food Trucks: TaKorean!

I’ve been fairly inactive on the blog lately, largely because I am being a vegan for lent, and not many of the food trucks have vegan options.  Food trucking is basically all I do with my life that’s interesting outside of school and my extra-curriculars.  So that put a damper on things!

However, I’ve found a saving grace in TaKorean, a very popular Korean BBQ taco truck that I’ve been wanting to visit for AGES.  I heard that their vegan Tofu Takos were outrageous, and made tofu delicious as opposed to the usual ‘eh’ reaction it receives.  I had to investigate.

I got the Tofu bowl with “Napa-Romaine” slaw, and it was really fantastic.  The tofu was sweet and spicy, and firm enough that it didn’t just disintegrate like it sometimes does.  The slaw was tangy and fresh, and I love fresh cilantro, so that added a nice compliment.  Very pleased with my choice, I will most certainly return!

They also have a tangy chicken Tako and Bulgogi beef Takos, which come with a variety of toppings and their slaws.  Here’s a picture of their wares:




Looks good, no?  Yes.  Yes it does.

So when you make your visit to GW, stop by TaKorean of any of our other fabulous DC food trucks!

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment