Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Tour of My Room in Pictures

As promised earlier in the year, here are pictures of my room in Ivory Tower, one of the junior/senior residence halls on campus. Ivory is mostly quads (4 people), but also has a good number of doubles (2 people). I live in a quad with 3 of my teammates and even though our room is slightly smaller than the typical quads in Ivory (our living room is quite a few feet narrower), we love our room and the building of Ivory itself. Once you become an upperclassman and if you decide to remain living on campus, I would highly recommend living in Ivory.

Ivory has a great location as it isn’t too far of a walk from pretty much anywhere you are walking (class, Georgetown, library, Smith Center and Health and Wellness Center are both across the street). The laundry room and TV/student area is located on the first floor, right down the hall from my room, which makes it extremely convenient for my roommates and me. Located in the basement of Ivory, is another perk—food. There is Potbellies, Pita Pit, Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins, Gallery Sandwiches, and a mini convenience store all within Ivory. If my roommates and I cannot decide what we want for dinner, don’t have any food to make, or are too lazy to find something else, we always find ourselves traveling downstairs to grab something to eat; it is very convenient and nice that we don’t even have to leave the building. The only slight drawback of Ivory is the kind of small closet space, but we make due. Now enough talk, here are some pictures of my room:
Welcome to our room
view from the opposite side of living room

 
our wall of roommate pictures

kitchen
closer shot of living room

other side of living room

my roommates' bedroom

view from opposite side of room
their smaller bathroom

our bathroom

my bedroom



view from opposite side (view from my bed)

As you might have been able to tell, one of the two bathrooms is attached to one of the bedrooms and it is smaller. The other bathroom (my bathroom) is not attached and is much bigger (in case you were wondering why the bathroom sizes looked so different and why one bedroom has it attached).

On another housing note, I received my housing assignment for next year: South Hall, the senior residence hall that is only 3 years old. I’m quite excited to live there as well, as I’ve wanted to since my older sister, Vickie, did 3 years ago.

Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

1 comment:

  1. Hi !
    Could you advise where do usually married graduate students stay at the campus?
    I really dont want to mess up with external housing and to stay close to the university with other students...In what range the approximate rates will be for 2 people?
    Thanks,
    Elmir

    ReplyDelete