Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Progress

It has been a busy few weeks!  The Fourth of July was crazy with two parades and a fireworks show, the campaign was able to reach a lot of people in the district.  It was a lot of fun to have everyone on the campaign come together and walk in the parades handing out literature, candy, stickers, and other information.  We came out in our orange to support Jeff! I definitely got my work out in running up and down the route making sure I hit as many people as possible! (the tan was also a nice added bonus.)

After the busy weekend, I headed up to New York City to meet my family on vacation!  I came into DC to catch a bus in the middle of the night to arrive in NYC around 5 AM.  There are a lot of bus companies that have numerous daily services to NY/Philly such as MegaBus, Bolt Bus, and the China Town buses.  A lot of these have a gradual fare so the first ticket is as low as $1.  It is super easy to get up the NY to visit family, friends, or to just go hang out!

It was great to spend some time in New York.  I was able to go to Ground Zero where they have started building the new buildings to replace the World Trade Center.  I also did plenty of shopping in the fashion district expanding my wardrobe :)  However, the best part was Broadway!  We went to see the revival of West Side Story and it was amazing!  We also stuck around the theater to get autographs from the actors at the stage door so we got to meet some of the most talented people I have ever seen! Despite breaking heat records (it reached 103 degrees in Central Park) I think it was a great trip!

Our next stop was back in Herndon.  After the play we piled into the car and made the trip back down to Virginia.  It was great to have my parents see where I am living/working.  We also made a trip into DC to see the Washington Nationals.  As I have said before, the stadium is beautiful and cheap!  You can get tickets for as low as $5 (and right now if you have a non-winning DC lottery tickets you can get them for free!)  So hopefully I will be able to make it to the Cubs v. Nationals game at the end of August!

Things are gearing up for the beginning of the Fall semester!  With CI over GW is super excited to see everyone back for the school year!  I am already getting emails about the Student Association and Housing and the Political Science Department.

I am so excited to be back on campus!

Remember, if you have any questions please feel free to email me!  I have received a few emails this summer and I am happy to response!

No comments:

Post a Comment