Saturday, July 31, 2010

ROADTRIP

As I said in my past few posts, I'm re-tracing the major events in my summer, since I haven't been very active on the blog in a while.  On to number three:

Three weekends ago was the long-awaited trip to Pittsburgh!  I know what you're thinking, "Pittsburgh?"  Yes!  My friend Hannah lives there, and she invited a few of us over for the weekend.  It was Jocelyn from Connecticut, Emily, also from downstate New York, and Amanda from Ohio.  Amanda lives about 2 hours from Pitt, so the trip was pretty easy for her.  For Jocelyn and the rest of us, though, it was quite a trip.  7-9 hours both ways, to be specific!  

So here's how it went down: Jocelyn set out from Connecticut bright and early at 7:00 AM on Friday, picked up Emily at about 8:30, then arrived at my house around 9:15.  From there, we set off on a voyage to remember.  Ipods were stocked with "Roadtrip" and "Summer Fun" and "PARTAY" playlists, and we got audiobooks from the library (they didn't go so well...)

We got there in 7-1/2 hours from my house, which really wasn't bad.  Us Northeasterners had no clue what to expect about Pitt, we had never been there or any Midwestern(ish) city before, so it was completely new to us.  And you know what?  I loved it!  We all did!  It was such a pretty city, and it was really interesting seeing this part of the country for the first time.  Did you know that Pittsburgh has more bridges than any other IN THE WORLD?  IN THE WORLD!!!  

Here are some shots I got:







This was along the road--IT WAS SO TEMPTING TO TAKE THAT EXIT!

But alas, we didn't.  And I guess I'll be back in DC soon enough.  I move in the 26th!  YAY!  It was so good to re-charge my GW battery by seeing my favorite girls.  (The Strong Girls, as we're commonly known.  Ya know, cause we lived in Strong Hall this past year.)  We all agreed that this mid-summer reunion enabled us to get through the rest of the summer without missing each other TOO much.  It'll still be hard, though!!!

Email me?  I'd love it!  Inflate my ego, puh-lease!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment