Friday, July 30, 2010

Concert Slash Upstate Blog

As promised, I'm filling you in on goings-on in my life over the past several weeks, as I've been criminally absent.  I started with the most recent, and I'm tracing back.  Here goes the second installment:
A week ago today, I went to a concert with a good friend of mine in Brooklyn.  We're concert buddies--like how I said Andrea was my museum buddy?  I just always go to concerts with this kid.  So I bought tickets way back in April or May for this concert at The Williamsburg Waterfront.  We were super excited.  It's this gorgeous park on the East River, you can see Manhattan really well from there, and it's just really pretty.  

Unfortunately, it got less pretty when storm clouds started rolling in, and even less pretty when there was lightning and thunder and I was terrified and the concert got cancelled!

We were supposed to be seeing a Modest Mouse concert, but instead we saw their opening act, "Morning Teleportation" (pretty good, actually) and about 4 Modest Mouse songs, before we were forced to evacuate the park.  It was devastating, and not just because I'm a scaredy cat and I hate storms!

There's a rescheduled date for September 14th, but I'll be back at school (WOOT!) and can't make it up to Brooklyn for a random Tuesday night at the beginning of the semester!  So I'm getting a refund, luckily.  But I wish I could have seen them!

View from the park:

___

And that's about all I got to say about that.  The weekend before that, I went upstate (upstate New York, that is) with a group of friends. One of my good buddies has a home up there with her family, and she takes us up sometimes to get a dose of country living.  I always love going up there, cause it's just so pretty, and we always have fun riding around on the quads and hiking and swimming in their pond.  A good time was had by all!

Below, some pictures, of course!
                      
My friends Annmarie, Rosemarie, Ricky, and me
Me, Ricky, and Annmarie's dog Rocci--our dream is to buy a house upstate together so our families can live country lives (on vacations and stuff, of course.  I'm a DC girl.)  But we called this the "family photo."  Cute, no?

Yay!  Keep emailing, keep reading, and keep checking back to our site!  We love thinking we're popular!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment