Sunday, August 5, 2012

What I did on my Summer Vacation

Well, in 2 days my summer vacation is technically over.  Why so early you ask? Tuesday begins the 2012 GW Volleyball season! I can’t wait to see all of my teammates and begin our journey to the A10 Championships.  

And while I refer to it as 'summer vacation,' it never truly felt like summer to me. As you may have inferred from my last post, I stayed in DC this entire summer instead of going home to Wisconsin. And from the moment my last final exam ended in May, my summer has been busier then I could have ever imagined. I’ve been interning all summer at ATF and it has been quite a rewarding experience to say the least. I learned a great deal and was exposed to possible careers to pursue after graduation. In addition to interning, I also took multiple classes here at GW, working hard to that I can earn my double major in Psychology and Criminal Justice. So between interning all day, working out, and taking classes at night five days a week, my summer schedule was more than a little full.

Fortunately, despite being so busy, I was able to go home for a few days in between my summer class sessions. It was a welcome, albeit too brief of a break and I was so thankful to see my family and friends for a few days and spend the 4th of July weekend with them. I also was able to continue one of my summer traditions—go to Summerfest, America’s largest musical festival, which is held every summer in Milwaukee on Lake Michigan (aka 10 minutes from my house). Last year, I ended up seeing 17 concerts at Summerfest within the span of 10 days, but since I was only home for a few days this summer, I was only able to see 2Lady Antebellum and Darius Ruckerand both of them were amazing. However, I did go to another concert this summer in nearby Bristow, Virginia. I saw Sugarland, who never fails to put on a fantastic show. Obviously, I love concerts. They are probably my favorite summer activity.

I can’t believe that summer is basically over and I’m about to begin my senior year, but I am excited! And of course I’ll keep you all updated on my life as my senior year unfolds.
Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu       

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment