Friday, August 10, 2012

#012: YOU are GW Bound!


#012: YOU are GW Bound! 
 
(One of GW sports' favorite songs, played at every basketball game - "Welcome to DC")

Under 10 days. That’s less than 1.4285 weeks, less than 240 hours, less than 14,400 minutes, and less than 864,000 seconds. THAT means that the countdown to GW Bound (@GWDCBound) has begun! GW Bound is a program presented by the Center for Student Engagement (@GW_CSE) that welcomes incoming students to GW’s campus to allow them to settle in to life at GW. More importantly, these incoming students venture out before other students move in on a mission to get to know the place you’ll be living for the next 4 years and the people you’ll be getting to know over these next 4 years.

Don’t fret, though—GW isn’t throwing you out in the wild—literally (in the case of Adventure Bound!) or figuratively. An eclectic, excellent cast of GW sophomores, juniors, and seniors will serve as the guides for all of the co-curricular programs. As you probably could have guessed, I myself am a guide for D.C. Bound. In fact, I just found out today that I’ll be taking my group to a bunch of places throughout D.C., including the Newseum and other media-related destinations. My guide partners, Sophie and Emma, and I will have a grand ol’ time with incoming students as we travel around the city, representing GW and showing our new friends just some of the sources of our Hippo pride, so to speak.

That's right! Really, who DOESN'T love The Hippster?

After GW Bound, right before classes start, I will definitely post whatever pictures and video I have from the whole process, from the start of training on the 16th to the final day of it all on the 24th. Hopefully, whether this year or sometime in the future, I hope you get a chance to experience GW Bound. My own experience was stellar. I still have my “Experience D.C.” t-shirt, along with all of the memories from those first few days before classes.

In closing, I'll let some of the CSE staff sum it up for you! Take it away, Heather, Ellie, and Lyndsey!



Thanks for reading!

Stay spirited (and, as always, feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email with any feedback or questions),
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment