Sunday, June 10, 2012

#Summer2012

Hey y'all

This past week on Monday I began my marketing internship at GlobalGiving. With a mission that "catalyzes a global market for ideas, information, and money that democratizes aid and philanthropy" I know I can feel good about my work everyday. At our downtown DC office I'll be posting to Facebook, Tweeting, and blogging for our project leaders while also learning more about the interntional development sector. The work enviornment has been fantastic so far with 17 other interns, ice cream socials, and free t-shirts! I'll make a special photo post about the GG office soon.
My job this summer is in the GW School of Business as an Admissions Assistant for MBA Programs. With nearly 3 years of experience in the Office of Undergraduate Admissons it's a very different experience now working with graduate students. This offers a new perspective on the University and has provided me with a great insight into what it takes to be a successful candidate for grad school.

While I do have my days planned 9-5 Monday through Friday I'm pysched to be spending my time in our nation's capital! I'll be able to explore the city more freely knowing that I don't have essays or reading to be done. And with all the interns coming from across the country it's great to meet new people who are doing amazing things at other schools. But most importantly the most energy will be coming in three day spurts from all the CIs! This time of year is always special as our next class of eager Colonials learn what G dubs is all about while also experiencing the mass volume of free food that is GW. I'll take some pictures of the CI session 1 that is this week to show y'all what it's like!


All the best,
Oscar
@myworthynotes | oscarn@gwmail.gwu.edu 

No comments:

Post a Comment