Thursday, June 7, 2012

Paddleboating in the Tidal Basin

A few weeks before school ended, two of my friends and I were able to cross off an item from our spring semester bucket list: paddleboating on the Tidal Basin! We came across them when we were taking in all of the cherry blossoms and wanted to do it then, but they were closing for the evening. So, we decided to come back another day, but life kept getting in the way. It took a month, but we finally found the time on a beautiful Sunday afternoon to head down there and finally do it. It was a lot of fun! Tiring of course (they rent them out by the hour), but so much fun. Since there were 3 of us, we had to take a 4 person boat. From in the Tidal Basin we had the perfect view to take in the scenic sights of the surrounding monuments. If you are in the area and have time, I would definitely recommend checking this out. Here is the website for more information: http://www.tidalbasinpaddleboats.com/

And, like always, I have pictures of the outing!

Washington Monument

Me in front of the Jefferson Memorial
Oh no, she's "falling in"
taking a much needed paddle break

On another note, I am staying in DC all summer, interning, taking classes, and exploring the city, so I’ll keep you guys up to date on what I’m up to over the next few months!
Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu
-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment