Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tourist Weekend!

This weekend, my best bud from back home came down to DC to spend a few days with me!  It was a nice break from the mundane schedule I had become accustomed to, since just about all I've been doing is work and read stuff FOR work.  Haha.

So we did a lot of touristy stuff, and some less-touristy but still 100% DC things.  For one, we ate at We The Pizza, my favorite DC pizza place, as listed in my pizza post.  We also went to Busboys & Poets, a very well-known DC restaurant for a capoiera and Brazilian musical performance as part of the Afro-Brazilian Cultural Festival!  Then they had an after-party for that too, which was pretty awesome--though just about everyone was a better dancer than my friends and I were!  We still had a blast.

We did a few Smithsonians as well: The National Gallery and the Museum of Natural History, where we saw the Hope diamond in it's new setting!  So gorgeous!


That's her.  quite a beaut, eh?  We stopped by the botanical gardens too, but it was just so hot and muggy that we really couldn't stay long, we wanted to get into some air conditioning after that!

It was nice being a tourist though, if only for a few days.  That's one of the fantastic things about being here during the summer, you get to really take advantage of the touristy stuff you wouldn't necessarily do when you have classes and homework and other school obligations to take care of.  So far my first DC summer is living up to my expectations!  Let's hope it goes even more uphill from here!  I'll keep you in the loop.

Send me emails with any questions about anything!  Shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment